Tuesday, December 18, 2007
- Wake up and make my bed, tidy up the bedroom before heading to the bathroom to get dressed.
- I get dressed in the bathroom, fix my hair and brush my teeth. While in the bathroom I pick up any clothes and put them in the hamper, tidy up the counter, sink and quickly wipe down the toilet.
- I then head to the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, take out meat to thaw for dinner and start the laundry to be done for the day.
- I wake up the kids and they get dressed for school and off they go.
- I do my weekly cleaning
- I go through the house and throw away (de-clutter) 25 things (tip from flylady). Do one room every day for a week if you are just starting until you have gone through the whole house. After that, do one room only once a week as part of your weekly cleaning, so each room gets de-cluttered about once every month or two.
- I tidy up for a few minutes (5-15 depending on how much time I have).
- Cook dinner
- Clear off clutter proned areas
Before bed-6:00 p.m.
- Load the dishwasher
- Me and 7 yr old clean up the kitchen
- 6 yr old cleans up the living room
- Everyone takes a bath and gets their clothes together for the next morning.
- Bathroom pick up
- Monday - wash sheets, blankets and towels. Wipe down appliances, front door, windows, mirrors and plan menu for the week.
- Tuesday-wash 2 youngsters clothes. Wipe and dust all surfaces in the house.
- Wednesday-2 oldest wash their clothes and pick them up. Clean the tubs, sinks, toilets and showers.
- Thursday-Wash me and hubbies clothes. Sweep and mop hard floors.
- Friday-Either do a de-cluttering, or wipe down the walls in 1 room of the house. Vacuum carpets and sweep off steps.
Having a routine makes things easier, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get hard at times. Sometimes you will miss your afternoon routine, sometimes your night routine, sometimes the whole routine gets thrown out the window. lol... try to do as much of the routine for the rest of the day as you can. Or start fresh the next day, I have to tell myself that often. It sometimes is discouraging to clean a room, step back and look at it with a sense of accomplishment, walk away from it only to re-enter again in 20 minutes to find it completely destroyed again. Picking up, washing, and cooking for six people daily isn't an easy job. But I really don't think I would have it any other way.... ask me again tomorrow and I may say differently :)
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Friday, March 23, 2007
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
I was trying to figure out what could be thrown together to eat when the phone rang... it was my Mother In Law asking me if I could use some food... her deep freezer went out and she didn't want all the food to go to waste. YAY!! Sorry, not yay that her freezer went out, but yay that I now have both ice box freezer and little freezer full of meat and side dishes! She had two frozen pizzas that were defrosted already, and said that I better cook them as soon as possible... NO PROBLEM! I smell it now. I much rather a home made meal.. but hey, it is free, and I am hungry, as I am sure the kids are.
DH went hunting last night and killed a Hog... !!!! So as soon as that gets cut up and sorted, we will have even more meat to last us a while.. God always finds a way to provide for his children!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Windows (only 3) mirrors (only 1) t.v. and computer screen and toilets (2) and 2 loads of laundry a day.
sinks (3) tubs (2) shower, faucets (5) and 2 loads of laundry a day.
Mop, and vacuum carpets and 2 loads of laundry
Appliances in and out (stove, icebox, microwave, washer and dryer) and 2 loads of laundry
Clear and wipe down surfaces and 2 loads of laundry
Anything that didn't get done during the week.
Now... these are what I have scheduled to do during the week... but I have to admit.. I don't always get around to doing them all, sometimes I only get to one or two a week... but I think when I start cleaning each room a little a day... it might improve the overall appearance of my house. If I actually get to doing the above daily cleanings.. it will just be an extra... now it only takes about 5 minutes on Mondays, maybe 10 minutes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays take the longest.
I will try this new cleaning schedule out for at least 2 weeks and see how it works... I will let you all know if it's a keeper, or if it's a dud. lol.
I would love it to work... ONLY HAVE TO CLEAN EACH ROOM FOR 5 MINUTES A DAY TO HAVE A CLEAN HOUSE! That would be amazing!
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Monday, January 8, 2007
The kids also start school tomorrow. I won't have to worry about finding a sitter to watch them while I go to the doctor. I know it will probably be an all day thing, since I will have to go and give blood too. Well, just wanted to update a little bit, hopefully tomorrow I will have an ultrasound picture to post up for everyone to see. Along with details of how everything went. I am starting to feel sick, haven't been sick yet, just starting to feel it. Hopefully it will be like my last two.. I felt sick for about a week, then it went away. lol. My boobs are sore, but not too bad, my gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I am extremely tired, but not as much as I was. The joys of pregnancy. lol. I am already outgrowing my clothes. I just keep them unbuttoned, as I think it will look silly if I start to wear maternity clothes this early. I know of some women who wear maternity clothes the second they find out there pregnant.. the day after the test is positive, they are in their maternity clothes.. lol. Not me, I will wear them when I absolutely can't stand my clothes anymore, probably won't be long though, another couple of weeks.