- Wake up and make my bed, tidy up the bedroom before heading to the bathroom to get dressed.
- I get dressed in the bathroom, fix my hair and brush my teeth. While in the bathroom I pick up any clothes and put them in the hamper, tidy up the counter, sink and quickly wipe down the toilet.
- I then head to the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, take out meat to thaw for dinner and start the laundry to be done for the day.
- I wake up the kids and they get dressed for school and off they go.
- I do my weekly cleaning
- I go through the house and throw away (de-clutter) 25 things (tip from flylady). Do one room every day for a week if you are just starting until you have gone through the whole house. After that, do one room only once a week as part of your weekly cleaning, so each room gets de-cluttered about once every month or two.
- I tidy up for a few minutes (5-15 depending on how much time I have).
- Cook dinner
- Clear off clutter proned areas
Before bed-6:00 p.m.
- Load the dishwasher
- Me and 7 yr old clean up the kitchen
- 6 yr old cleans up the living room
- Everyone takes a bath and gets their clothes together for the next morning.
- Bathroom pick up
- Monday - wash sheets, blankets and towels. Wipe down appliances, front door, windows, mirrors and plan menu for the week.
- Tuesday-wash 2 youngsters clothes. Wipe and dust all surfaces in the house.
- Wednesday-2 oldest wash their clothes and pick them up. Clean the tubs, sinks, toilets and showers.
- Thursday-Wash me and hubbies clothes. Sweep and mop hard floors.
- Friday-Either do a de-cluttering, or wipe down the walls in 1 room of the house. Vacuum carpets and sweep off steps.
Having a routine makes things easier, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get hard at times. Sometimes you will miss your afternoon routine, sometimes your night routine, sometimes the whole routine gets thrown out the window. lol... try to do as much of the routine for the rest of the day as you can. Or start fresh the next day, I have to tell myself that often. It sometimes is discouraging to clean a room, step back and look at it with a sense of accomplishment, walk away from it only to re-enter again in 20 minutes to find it completely destroyed again. Picking up, washing, and cooking for six people daily isn't an easy job. But I really don't think I would have it any other way.... ask me again tomorrow and I may say differently :)